LISTEN: IS PHARRELL'S 'HAPPY' ANOTHER COPY FROM MARVIN GAYE???






After winning a case against Pharrell Williams, Robin Thicke and TI for copyright infringement (and being awarded $7.4m in the process), the heirs of Marvin Gaye appear to have decided to take a look at the rest of Pharrell Williams's catalogue and most likely, the next target is Pharrell's no.1 hit "Happy."

In an interview, Marvin Gaye's daughter Nona told CBS News, "I'm not going to lie. I do think they sound alike."

She's referring to Pharrell's worldwide hit "Happy" and Marvin Gaye's 1966 song "Ain't That Peculiar."

Marvin Gaye's ex-wife added, "I heard the mash-ups, but I didn't really need to hear them. I know "Ain’t That Peculiar" and I've heard Happy."

However, they cleared that they are not yet considering further legal action against Pharrell. "We’re not in that that space. We’re just in the moment today and we’re satisfied," Janis said.

Listen:

"Happy" and Marvin Gaye's "Aint That Peculiar"




"Blurred Lines" and Marvin Gaye's "Got To Give It Up"


What do you think, plagiarized or not?!


0 comments: