WHO WROTE TONI GONZAGA'S SONGS?


Toni Gonzaga is one of my favorite OPM (Original Pilipino Music) artists. I love her big voice and her unique way of hitting the high notes; and most of all, I love the sound of her live singing voice, it is as good as her voice on recordings.

Toni Gonzaga has released her latest album "Celestine" (her real name).

I was excited to hear the songs so I checked it out on Spotify. Of course, it's understandable that there would be at least one revival song "Starting Over Again" which was the OST from her movie and a redone track "Kahit Na."

But what surprised to hear were the other songs which supposed to be unknown to me.

Who wrote Toni Gonzaga's songs?

Here's what I noticed:

The first track "This Love Is Like" sounds like Katy Perry's "Walking on Air", "Unconditionally" and "Dark Horse" combined.

No.3 track "Awit ni Ginny" is like a tagalized "Thinking Of You" also by Katy Perry.

The track "Oh Boy" sounds like "Laserlight" by Jessie J.

The song "'Di Ba Halata" featuring Crazymix sounds like Shehyee and Muriel's song "Shehyee Loves Me" (that sampled the song "Say You Love Me" originally by Patti Austin and redone by Juris.)

I don't know about the remaining songs, but those songs I noticed and mentioned were obvious.

Forgive me, Toni G. fans. I've nothing against her... in fact I'm a fan. I'm just wondering and asking, "Who wrote Toni Gonzaga's songs?"


Celestine (2014)

1 This Love Is Like
2 Got You
3 Awit Ni Ginny
4 Finally
5 Sweetest Song
6 Oh Boy
7 'Di Ba Halata
8 Kahit Na (Remix)
9 Starting over Again
10 This Love Is Like (Moophs Remix)



0 comments: